Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are Body Circle Design's material quality standards?
- A: We are an APP (Association of Professional Piercers) Corporate Sponsor. We use 316 LVM ASTM-F-138 implant grade stainless steel. This is the highest quality implant grade stainless steel available today. The “L” refers to the low carbon content. The “VM” means vacuum melted. This stainless steel is produced in a vacuum environment. This method eliminates dust particles and any other debris from forming with the stainless. All our jewelry is free of nicks, scratches, burrs, and polishing compound.
All of our gold jewelry is made of full hard 14K yellow gold. We do not sell white or rose gold. All Body Circle Designs jewelry is lead and cadmium free because we do not use solder in any of our jewelry.
Q: What is white gold? Why don’t you sell white or rose gold or other colored golds?
- A: White gold is the same percentage of pure gold but contains other metals used to achieve the white color. Nickel is usually used and because of the high frequency of allergic reactions to nickel we do not use white gold. We do not sell rose gold or other colored golds as they have a high percentage of copper or other metals not suitable for piercing jewelry.
Q: How can I check on the status of my order?
- A: We will email you the day that your order is shipped. If there will be a delay of more than a few days on your order we will let you know. You may look up by logging into your account or look up your order here: Orders and Returns. If you have any other concerns about your order please feel free to e-mail us or call us toll free at 800-244-8430. Our business hours are 8am to 4pm Pacific time, Monday through Friday.
Q: How do I know what size jewelry I need?
- A: Click here to see our Sizing Info page to help determine what size you need. We have also provided a metric conversion chart.
If you need to measure your current jewelry, we sell tools for just that purpose. Click here to see our tools page.
If you are still unsure of the gauge or size jewelry that you need we suggest that you check with your local professional piercer to make sure that you are ordering the correct gauge and size.
Q: I live outside of the United States and use metric (millimeter) sizes. How do I know what size to order?
- A: Our Metric Conversion Chart provides you with both gauge sizes and lengths/diameters converted to millimeters. This should help you in determining what gauge and size jewelry you need to order to match or upgrade your current jewelry. If you are having difficulty, you may contact us and we will do everything we can to help you determine what gauge and size jewelry you want. Also, see our Sizing Info page for more measuring tips.
Q: Do you sell your jewelry wholesale?
- A: Absolutely. Our primary business is wholesale. You can visit our Wholesale info page, submit the form there, and we will be happy to send a catalog and wholesale price list, and a free sample of our jewelry. There is no charge for a wholesale catalog. You may also call us toll free at 800-244-8430 or e-mail us.
Q: I don’t see what I want on your web site. What should I do?
- A: Body Circle Designs makes many items that are not listed on the web site. This includes stock items in unusual sizes and custom jewelry. Please visit our Custom Requests page for more information or contact us via e-mail, phone, or fax and will see if we can produce what it is you are looking for. You will receive an answer regarding your custom jewelry question within 1 to 2 working days.
Q: I’m uncomfortable sending my credit card information online. Can I still order jewelry?
- A: We will be happy to take your order over the phone. Choose your jewelry and give us a call at 800-244-8430 (Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm Pacific time) and we will get your information and process your order. For other payment options, click here.
Q: I don’t have a credit card. Can I use another form of payment?
- A: Click here to read about all your payment options.
Q: What is your return/exchange policy?
- A: Click here to read our full return/exchange policy.
Q: How long will it take to receive my jewelry?
- A: We carry a large inventory of 316LVM stainless steel jewelry. Due to ever increasing sales volume, most orders are now taking about one week to ship. Some items, large gauge jewelry, gemmed jewelry, titamium jewelry, and gold jewelry can take up to two weeks before it is shipped. We will do our best to get your jewelry out as fast as we can. Custom jewelry has to be made to order but usually ships in under 2 weeks. We will contact you when we receive your order and let you know if there will be any delay in getting your order shipped.
Q: What are my shipping options?
- A: Click here to see all our shipping options.
Q: I’m having trouble with my piercing. What should I do?
- A: Body Circle Designs is a jewelry manufacturing company. We do not do any piercing or give piercing advice. We strongly recommend that you consult a professional piercer about any piercing problems that you might be experiencing. You can find an APP (Association of Professional Piercers) approved piercer at the APP web site: www.safepiercing.org.
Q: Can you recommend a professional piercer in my area?
- A: Body Circle Designs does not recommend piercers. We suggest that you contact the APP (Association of Professional Piercers) at www.safepiercing.org. The APP only approves piercers who meet stringent safety and procedural standards. Body piercing is a safe procedure if done properly. Please be safe rather than sorry.
Q: Does Body Circle Designs sell needles and other piercing supplies?
- A: Body Circle Designs does not sell needles. We believe that piercing should only be done by highly trained professionals under the proper conditions. We do sell other tools and aftercare products for customers who frequently take their jewelry in and out. Please visit our tools and aftercare section for these items.